Certified Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Manager, LifeFIT Canada, the duties include but are not limited to:
- Representing the RA and LifeFIT Canada in a professional manner.
- Understanding the administrative duties behind membership management such as: assisting with the recruitment of new members to endeavor to meet or exceed the monthly targets for membership; membership sales and registration, issuing access cards; maintaining a workout card system; maintaining membership data and Par-Q responses, submitting files to the RA Member Services Staff.
- Providing orientations to members which includes: review operational information; health rate monitoring; proper use of equipment; safe exercise planning; and ongoing support to members which includes: guidance on exercise techniques; individual program consultations (one per year); responding to members concerns in the appropriate manner;
- Ongoing education of members to encourage them to follow the Fitness Centre’s code of etiquette.
- Providing support to group fitness classes and wellness programs and maintaining group fitness certification (where appropriate);
- Ensuring the facility and equipment meets the safety and cleanliness standards established for the facility. Ensuring that the facilities for wellness programs are set-up correctly and that all equipment is put away at the end of program.
- Being fully aware of the location of all first aid supplies, able to operate equipment; and able to respond to a medical emergency following procedures posted in the facility and be informed of all security and emergency procedures within the facility and LifeFIT Canada protocol. Maintain both CPR and FA certification as directed by the RA and by the fitness governing and certification organizations.
- Developing a positive rapport with the members, colleagues and supervisor to ensure the level of service provided meets or exceeds LifeFIT Canada’s expectations.
- Promoting the RA and LifeFIT Canada programs and services that are available to all members of the RA Centre.
- Assisting in the organization and delivery fitness and wellness seminars, marketing promotions, workshops and events;
- Attending LifeFIT Canada meetings and special events as requested.
- Undertaking any other duty as assigned by the Manager of LifeFIT Canada.
Candidates wishing to apply should submit application, qualifications & references. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please put job title in subject line.
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The RA is proud to be completely SMOKE FREE
Smoking or vaping tobacco or cannabis is prohibited anywhere inside the RA buildings and on the entire property (including all outdoor spaces such as parking lots and playing fields). Those who choose to partake in smoking or vaping must do so at a location off RA properties.