Custodian, Lead Hand
To provide day to day leadership and coordination to the Housekeeping team for cleaning services to all areas of the building, set up and tear downs of banquet, club and sport activities, in an efficient and productive manner while maintaining set standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide intermediate role between Housekeeping team and Management
- Coordinate daily tasks and special projects with the Housekeeping team applying policy and procedures
- Promote safe work environment
- Provides leadership to help the team to meet deadlines and goals
- Perform interior cleaning duties including mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, sanitizing services and waste removal.
- Replenish washroom and changeroom supplies as needed, particularly soap, paper towels and bathroom tissue
- Perform floor maintenance as required using approved floor finishes and techniques and appropriate equipment.
- Facility preparation including the set up and take down of chairs, tables, audiovisual equipment and sports equipment as required. Ensure that equipment is properly stored.
- Ensure proper use and accounting of supplies related to your position
- Report required repairs and maintenance items to the appropriate personnel
- Provide outstanding customer service to our members and users of the RA Centre
- Work with all other departments in a professional and courteous manner.
- From time to time the responsibilities may change to meet the needs of the association. The job requires staff to perform other related duties as required.
- At least three years of full-time cleaning experience in a commercial, industrial or recreational setting in a leadership role.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks as set out in a daily checklist
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks
- Competent in the use and applications of cleaning solutions and chemicals
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Have a range of professional cleaning skills with exposure to a variety of cleaning machines including buffers, burnishers, vacuums, floor scrubbers and carpet cleaning equipment
Wage: $17.14 / hour (union position that is subject to scheduled negotiated increases)
Candidates wishing to apply should submit an application including a cover letter, qualifications & references. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: email@example.com - Please put job title in subject line.
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The RA is proud to be completely SMOKE FREE
Smoking or vaping tobacco or cannabis is prohibited anywhere inside the RA buildings and on the entire property (including all outdoor spaces such as parking lots and playing fields). Those who choose to partake in smoking or vaping must do so at a location off RA properties.
The RA is proud to have a team of 100% vaccinated employees
As a condition of employment, the RA’s mandatory vaccination policy requires that you provide proof of up-to-date vaccination against the COVID-19 virus prior to your start date.