FACILITY OPERATOR - FULL-TIME (Unionized)
To provide a variety of support services to the Manager, Facilities to support other departments, members and guests and ensure effective execution of property operations and maintenance including, but not limited to, curling, pickleball, sport fields, gun range, pool, and general building maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- General building repairs and maintenance, including but not limited to basic plumbing, electrical, painting, carpentry, equipment maintenance and repairs, building repairs etc.
- Safe operation and maintenance of equipment required for Curling ice, including but not limited to installation, removal, resurfacing, painting, logos, proper operation of specialized equipment.
- Safe operation and maintenance of refrigeration system(s) including readings, basic maintenance, checking oil and from chiller, basic troubleshooting etc.
- General custodial duties including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, cleaning washrooms and showers, sanitizing, etc
- Assist with setup/teardown of special events as required.
- Safe operation of equipment to properly maintain sports facilities including soccer pitches, ball diamonds, volleyball and general ground maintenance as required.
- Safe operation of equipment and maintenance of swimming pool and spa filtration system. Including annual opening and closing of swimming pools, chemical readings, water balancing, troubleshooting, backwash, vacuuming etc.
- Perform outstanding customer service to our members and users of the facilities in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Have a minimum of grade 12 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of equipment, mechanical and building maintenance.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in recreation building operation environment including arena, curling, pool and spa, sports fields, etc.
- Knowledge of basic refrigeration and HVAC systems (ORFA refrigeration and HVAC training certification an asset)
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator or equivalent.
- Completion of WHMIS training, First Aid, CPR and AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Experience in operation of equipment – tractor, attachments, small tools, etc.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English essential, bilingual (English/French) an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must, be able to climb, and work from heights, lift and move heavy items (80 lbs), stand, bend and work for extended periods of time while working in a safe manner.
- Basic computer skills an asset
Candidates wishing to apply should submit an application including a cover letter, qualifications & references. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes with references will be accepted by e-mail.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please put job title in subject line.
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The RA is proud to be completely SMOKE FREE
Smoking or vaping tobacco or cannabis is prohibited anywhere inside the RA buildings and on the entire property (including all outdoor spaces such as parking lots and playing fields). Those who choose to partake in smoking or vaping must do so at a location off RA properties.
The RA is proud to have a team of 100% vaccinated employees
As a condition of employment, the RA’s mandatory vaccination policy requires that you provide proof of up-to-date vaccination against the COVID-19 virus prior to your start date.