To assist in the daily operation of the Café RA and work with the Café RA Manager to provide an exceptional customer service and food and beverage experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent front-line customer service and sales of all food items and beverages, including the operation of all relevant equipment in the Café.
- Work along with the Café Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the Café
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the Café, workstations and adjoining space
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines.
- Enter all transactions in the POS system and ensure all cash and inventory is properly accounted for.
- Ensure highest standards of customer service are maintained
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage offerings and ingredients, adhere to recipes and presentations for food and beverage items
- Be punctual and able to observe regular and consistent attendance.
- Willing to work in other areas of the RA food services within the RA Centre (Fieldhouse Bar & Grill and Banquets).
- To perform other related duties as may be required from time to time.
- 1-year experience in food service industry, preferably with both front of house and back of house exposure;
- Food safe handling course required D.R.
- WHIMS required D.R.
- Comfortable with POS terminals and handling pin pads or cash.
- Able to use web based email systems such as Office 365.
- Bilingualism (Verbal) in French and English is considered an asset.
- Competency in working in a team environment and comfortable working independently.
- Knowledge of Specialty Coffee is considered an asset.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including evenings and weekends. (Minimum 30 Hours per week)
Candidates wishing to apply should submit application, qualifications & references. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: email@example.com - Please put job title in subject line.
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.