HOUSE OF SPORT CONCIERGE
House of Sport
The House of Sport combines several distinct organizations which may have various operational, staffing, space, and architectural requirements but which share one clear passion; a love for Canadian sport.
This approach considers how these diverse National Sports Organizations (NSOs) and Multi-Sports Organizations (MSOs) could share a facility where their individual needs are considered but also their co-location could result in positive collisions of energy and experience. Most of all, the House of Sport will encourage the NSOs and MSOs to leverage their collisions to deliver increased quality in sport experiences and improved performances nationally and internationally. As each of these organizations is operating with different sizes of teams, this approach will attempt to balance their proximity for maximum exposure while maintaining identity and autonomy within the overall design. The co-location of these organizations provides opportunities for knowledge sharing, provides a critical mass to leverage operational efficiencies and provides a synergistic platform for growth
SCOPE OF WORK:
The House of Sport Concierge will provide support to the tenants of the House of Sport through excellent customer service, a support-oriented attitude and a welcoming disposition.
- As the first point of contact welcome House of Sport tenants and guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; responding to or referring inquiries.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Notify House of Sport tenant of guests’ arrival.
- Direct general inquiries to the appropriate person and location.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls for the RA and House of Sport.
- Maintain House of Sport tenant directories.
- Be familiar with RA and House of Sport sponsors and partners including benefits to tenants through discounts, special offers or a buying group.
- Throughout each day, ensure reception and common (meeting) areas are tidy and presentable, with necessary materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures), remotes, whiteboards, garbage bins are empty and rooms are ready for meetings.
- Ensure that the House of Sport kitchenette is kept clean and tidy. Daily tasks include: dishwasher (filled and emptied), counter tops and microwave (wiped) and fridge (monitored for expired food).
- Respond to and record any inquires House of Sport tenants may have and triage to the appropriate department.
- Follow-up on any outstanding House of Sport tenant inquiries.
- Manage and distribute parking passes and assign lockers for HOS tenants.
- Coordinate access passes for tenants with the Facility and Asset Management Services, Member Services and IT Services.
- Assign mailbox and access keys, postage machine codes. Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries. Coordinate incoming and outgoing courier requests.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook).
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Coordinate day to day challenges and issues that tenants have with the environment, work spaces or other areas relating to their operation in the House of Sport.
- Record, prepare and share the minutes of the House of Sport Operations Committee.
- Manage room bookings for all HOS meeting rooms. Coordinate the House of Sport meeting room logistics, including confirming coordinating requests, confirming bookings and cancelling reservations when required.
- Coordinate reports for any services used by the House of Sport tenants including but not limited to the postage meter and the photocopy usage.
- Working with the Manager, Hospitality and House of Sport Services coordinate furniture requests and space requirements from the House of Sport Tenants.
- Coordinate the use of equipment in the House of Sport, including the use of the PA system, the large screen, blinds and other collective assets.
- Assist Hospitality Services with the coordination of the House of Sport tenant events.
- Provide administrative support to Hospitality Services.
- Other duties as assigned by RA management.
Experience and Qualifications
- A degree in Office Administration, Sport Administration, or similar areas.
- Bilingual - proficient written and verbal (English and French).
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Prior knowledge of the Canadian sport system is considered an asset.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma.
- Work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, Administrative Assistant or similar role, is considered an asset.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. printers, fax machine, mail machine and AV equipment).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in groups and independently.
- Manage multiple priorities.
Flexible hours / some weekends.
DUTY LOCATION: HOS Concierge Space
RESPONSIBLE TO: Manager, Hospitality & House of Sport Services
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: email@example.com - Please put job title in subject line.
Drop off: ATTENTION: Nancy Kirkwood, Manager, Hospitality & House of Sport Services, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.