Purpose:The purpose of the Lead Member Associate role is to provide, create and maintain excellent service to members in a professional and courteous manner at all times. The individual will do this by modeling standards, training staff and have an “outside the box thinking” to improve all aspects of the Membership department.
Member Service Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous bilingual service in English and French both verbally and written on all services provided by the RA
- Greet Clients and Potential Clients with timely service; redirect/ provide direction to individuals looking for a specific location in the building.
- Inform RA Employees if an appointment has arrived and redirect client to meeting location
- Promptly answer Member Service phone with provided speak within three rings
- Manage Registration voicemail and return calls when messages have been left
- Operate the registration system which includes understanding all elements of necessary software programs to perform registration in all clubs, classes and memberships
- Manage Employee RA e-mail account with professional demeanor that communicate with Clients/ potential Clients and RA Staff
- Responsible for closing and balancing cash at the end of each shift
- Manage control system for member to access keys for specific clubs and or programs
- Manage the RA’s court booking system for Squash, Badminton and Racquetball which includes tournament registration, group bookings and league sign up
- Operate radio communication within the building to Maintenance, Property, Events & Conferences, Recreation and Emergency response as needed
- Understand and perform on emergency response which include maintaining First Aid Certification
Lead Member Service Representative Duties and Responsibilities – Added Duties:
- Act as support for all Member Service Staff by creating an organized communication structure
- Point person on ensuring the desk is organized and running smooth
- Report any Database issues with Member Service Senior Team
- Manage RA Information Binder and other resources that are used to aid staff with serving clients
- Manage RA Feedback E-mail Account
- Completely Daily and Monthly inventory checks and report stock requirements to Member Service Supervisor
- Manage an inventory system for all supplies which includes maintaining regular supplies and placing orders
- Manage a Bad Debt call system which includes; following up with clients, recording findings, collecting payments and reporting to Membership Coordinator
- Manage Retention System which includes but not limited to; calling soon to expire/ expired members, follow up information calls and competing a weekly status report
- Assist Member Service Supervisors with Implementing procedures/ changes to enhance the Member Service Department
- Assist Membership Senior Team with Legend or other Data base used by the RA with related items such as; Client account Adjustments, Merge Accounts, Suspend/ Extend Memberships, Cancellations, follow up calls
- Assist Membership Coordinator and Manager Maintain some aspects of the RA’s Payroll Deduction system.
- Assist Membership Coordinator and Manager to improve sales within certain Membership Categories by prompting up-selling
Job Requirements:Experience with Membership Software Program, Excel, MS Word, Word Perfect programs, Adobe and Legend. Standard First Aid and CPR C
Education:High School Graduate, Post-Secondary education in related field is ideal
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Outgoing and have the ability to think outside the box
Tuesday – Friday 11:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Salary: $15.50hr - 37.5hrs a week
Benefits available after completion of a successful performance period
Candidates wishing to apply should submit application, qualifications & references. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: email@example.com - Please put job title in subject line.