The Supervisor, Fieldhouse Sales & Service follows the directives from the Manager on the delivery of consistent and exceptional customer service in the Fieldhouse Bar and Grill, the Sundeck, the Curling Lounge and other events as scheduled. The Supervisor provides shift supervision and support for front of house staff.The Supervisor is supported by the Manager, Fieldhouse Sales & Service and is responsible for supervising all front of house staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures service standards are maintained.
- Ensures staff follows proper procedures for cleaning and food safety.
- Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders in the RA Centre sports leagues and clubs to develop loyalty and patronage for the Fieldhouse food and beverage services.
- Assists the Front of House Manager with the RA Loyalty Program
- Take reservations for large groups with an understanding of restaurant capacities.Assists Manager with Special Events.
- Communicates regularly with Kitchen staff during shift
- Ensures staff completes all on-shift duties as outlined by Front of House Manager.
- Ensures all cash handling and inventory procedures are adhered to.
- Reports any member and customer concerns to Front of House manager.Resolves minor concerns while on duty.
- Ensure all liquor license regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned by their supervisor, senior management and/or the Executive Team.
People Leadership Responsibilities
- Familiarity with and adheres to key elements of the Collection Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Employment Standard Act (ESA).
- Reports any HR or union concerns to the Front of House Manager for action.
- Verify staff complement is present and ready to serve five minutes prior to start of each individual’s shift.
- Ensure each staff is in proper Fieldhouse uniform, that personal hygiene standards are respected, and that staff personal effects are stored out of site of the restaurant front of house.
- Provide detailed daily report to Manager using template provide
- Observe (and assist when needed) server staff interaction with each guest table to ensure proper serving and delivery protocols are being followed; that the servers are upselling guests on menu add-ons or features; timing and coordination of food coming out of the kitchen (fresh, hot, all items as ordered and when ordered, plate presentation) are per menu specifications; and, that closing guest interactions (final menu suggestions; presentation and processing of guest check, invitation to participate in guest survey, and thanking the guest) are professional, courteous and prompt.
- Discipline staff when required in the absence of the manager.
- Assumes on-shift responsibility for Back of House, in absence of Chef or Sous-Chef.
- Monitors staffing levels on shift.
- Replaces staff who call in sick during their shift.Receives permission from Manager prior to adding staff hours.
- Ensures staff uses time cards in the proper manner.
- A minimum of one year experience in a licensed restaurant.
- Flexibility to be able to work day, evening, and weekend shifts as required
- Strong customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Valid Certificates in Food Safety, WHMIS, First Aid / CPR and Smart Serve.
- Smart Serve Certificate must be carried while on duty.
- Able to lift and/or carry up to 20 kg.
- High school diploma.
- A diploma or certificate in Hotel/Restaurant management or related discipline or experience in the field would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Creative in how to service client needs and attentive to their needs
- Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills with a keen understanding of team concepts.
- Customer service driven.
- Proficiency in both official languages an asset
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Job Type: Full-time
Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Please put job title in subject line.
Drop off: ATTENTION: Lisa Vignola, Manager, Fieldhouse Bar & Grill, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.