RA Ski & Outdoor Club
Acknowledgement, Assumption of Risks, Waiver and Release of Claims – Coronavirus (COVID-19)
ADULT (18 years & older)
All RA Ski & Outdoor Club members and visitors must submit a completed Acknowledgement, Assumption of Risks, Waiver and Release of Claims – Coronavirus (COVID-19) form prior to undertaking the activity. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. By agreeing to these terms you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue or claim compensation.
If you have any questions, please direct your inquiry to Member Services, RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7 or contact us at email@example.com.
The safety and wellbeing of our RA Community has and continues to be our top priority. In order to provide our members, guests, partners, volunteers and staff with a safe, effective and enjoyable environment, while at the same time doing our best to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we request your understanding and cooperation by reading and signing the following ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INFORMED CONSENT AGREEMENT and RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
GENERAL PROTOCOLS – RE: COVID-19
- Anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) MUST stay home.
- Anyone who begins exhibiting or feeling signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) must cease their activity and remove themselves from the RA/House of Sport.
- Anyone who receives a COVID-19 diagnosis, and has been on-site at the RA/House of Sport within the previous 14 days must notify the RA.
While on site at the RA you are responsible to:
- Properly wear a recommended, well-fitting mask or face covering at all times indoors while at the RA except while actively participating in high intensity sport and fitness activity. Mask and face covering are required outdoors when and where designated by public health regulations. Masks must be worn by all members and guests on their arrival at the RA and throughout the RA complex, including washrooms, hallways and stairs.
- Adhere to Ottawa Public Health’s (OPH) guidelines of six (6) feet physical distancing between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sanitizing your hands is mandatory at the entrance and exit of the facility. Disinfecting stations have been installed throughout the facility and we encourage you to hand sanitize frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand.
- We suggest you come dressed to play and bring your drinking water as there is limited access to changerooms, washrooms and water fill-up stations.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INFORMED CONSENT AGREEMENT
I hereby acknowledge that:
- I am participating voluntarily in the RA Ski & Outdoor Club activities.
- RA Ski & Outdoor Club activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate.
- I agree that the sole responsibility for my safety remains with me.
- It is understood that privileges may be revoked in the event that my conduct is not in keeping with the RA’s standards.
- I am aware and agree to comply with the RA Members’ Code of Ethics (click to view), the General Protocols – RE: COVID-19 (as outlined above) and the specific “Return to Play” protocols and guidelines (click to view) that pertain to my involvement with the RA (including all COVID-19 related protocols and public health authorities’ recommendations contained therein).
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may spread COVID-19, be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation; and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, infection, illness, permanent disability, and death. I further understand that the risk of spreading COVID-19, becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 during participation in activities, clubs and programs at the RA, whether held at RA facilities or at any other location, may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the active or passive negligence (such as the failure to adequately clean and disinfect surfaces, adequately inform and educate participants re: COVID-19 protocols, adequately ventilate areas, adequately screen participants) of the RA, or their directors, officers, employees, servants or agents and program participants and their families.
- I agree and accept responsibility to adhere to Ottawa Public Health’s (OPH) recommendations (click to view).
- I agree and accept responsibility to ensure I have the proper/certified equipment required for the activity.
- I further understand that the RA will collect health and other personal information from me with the intent to fulfill their obligation to me. I agree with the RA’s practice of keeping my personal information confidential and subject only to legal requirements to disclose or legal exceptions (emergency). I accept that the RA will use this information to improve the services that I receive. I also appreciate that the RA will not disclose, divulge or otherwise communicate to any person or business any such confidential information without my written consent to do so.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I do hereby agree for myself, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns do release and forever discharge the RA, or their directors, officers, employees, servants or agents (including club convenors/organizers/volunteers) and all other program participants of any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions or causes of action whether in law or equity in respect of death, injury, infection, illness, permanent disability, loss or damage to person or property however caused, including but not limited to negligence (such as the failure to adequately clean and disinfect surfaces, adequately inform and educate participants re: COVID-19 protocols, adequately ventilate areas, adequately screen participants) arising or to arise out of my participation in such activities, clubs and programs at the RA, whether held at RA facilities or at any other location.
In addition, I do hereby agree to hold harmless and indemnify the RA, or their directors, officers, employees, servants or agents (including club convenors/organizers/volunteers) and all other program participants from any and all claims or liability for any damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party, due to or associated with COVID-19 or any other contagious or infectious illness, resulting from RA activities and programs of any kind whether held at RA facilities or at any other location.