Fall 2023 Basketball League Player Registration Forms
Thank you for choosing to participate in RA League Sports. The safety and wellbeing of our RA Community has and continues to be our top priority. In order to provide our members, guests, partners, volunteers and staff with a safe, effective and enjoyable environment, we request your understanding and cooperation by reading and signing the following ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INFORMED CONSENT AGREEMENT and RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
Please read carefully. By agreeing to these terms you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue or claim compensation.
If you have any questions, please direct your inquiry to Member Services, RA Centre, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is NOT the form to complete if you are looking to join a team. If you are looking for a team, please fill out the 'I Want to Play Form".
ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INFORMED CONSENT AGREEMENT
I hereby acknowledge that:
- I intend to participate in some or all of the Leagues, offered by the RA and I understand that each person, (myself included), has a different capacity for participating in these activities. I understand and acknowledge that part of the risk involved in participating in league sports is relative to my own state of fitness or health (physical, mental or emotional) and the awareness, care and skill with which I conduct myself in that activity. I acknowledge that my choice to participate in this activity brings with it an assumption by me of those risks or results stemming from this (these) choice(s) and the fitness, health, awareness, care and skill that I possess and use. I assume full responsibility for my actions before, during and after my participation. I understand that I am free to reduce, modify or completely withdraw from my involvement in league play and I acknowledge and realize that I should do so upon recognition of any signs of transient light-headedness, fainting, chest discomfort, leg cramps, nausea, etc.
- It is understood that privileges may be revoked in the event that my conduct is not in keeping with the RA’s standards.
- I am aware and agree to comply with the RA Members’ Code of Ethics (click to view).
- I agree and accept responsibility to ensure I have the proper/certified equipment required for the activity.
- I further understand that the RA will collect health and other personal information from me with the intent to fulfill their obligation to me. I agree with the RA’s practice of keeping my personal information confidential and subject only to legal requirements to disclose or legal exceptions (emergency). I accept that the RA will use this information to improve the services that I receive. I also appreciate that the RA will not disclose, divulge or otherwise communicate to any person or business any such confidential information without my written consent to do so.
The Recreation Association of the Public Service of Canada (RA), its directors, officers, employees, servants and agents, are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any person before, during or after participation in activities of any kind sponsored by the RA whether held at this facility or at any other location.
By submitting this form, you voluntarily agree to assume all risks involved in participation and agree for the participant, the participant’s spouse, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns to release and forever discharge the RA, or their directors, officers, employees, servants and agents of any claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions or causes of action whether in law or equity in respect of death, injury, infection, loss or damage to person or property however caused, including but not limited to negligence arising or to arise out of the participation in such activities and programs of any kind sponsored by the RA whether held at this facility or at any other location.