RA Badminton Club
Junior High Performance Return-to-Play Protocols and Guidelines
As one would expect, operating in a COVID world requires us to make some changes to how we operate. Please familiarize yourself with the following protocols to participate in the High Performance Program training sessions:
- Acknowledgement, Assumption of Risks, Waiver and Release of Claims – Coronavirus (COVID-19): All High Performance program players must complete the on-line form. This form includes clauses exempting the RA and coaches from any and all liability due to injury or illness arising from or in the course of undertaking the activity. This includes clauses related to COVID. The appropriate MINOR or ADULT form must be completed by the participant's parent or guardian (17 years of age and under) or by the participant (18 years & older) and submitted prior to undertaking the activity.
- Face masks must be worn at all times (except while playing).
- Players will be required to sanitize their hands upon entry and answer a series of COVID-19 related health/travel questions.
- Due to limited capacity, we can only allow players and coaching staff in the gymnasium. No parents or guardians are permitted in the RA Centre.
- Change rooms will not be available. Players must come dressed for training sessions. Lockers will not be available. If you currently rent a locker and need to retrieve stowed equipment please speak to Mike or Javier to arrange. Any personal belongings in the court area should be placed 2 meters apart from one another.
- Use of the badminton lounge is not allowed at this time.
- Use of the water fountain is not allowed. Players must bring adequate water to their training in a plastic or metal bottle with their name clearly marked. Glass water bottles are not permitted.
- Washrooms are located in the Lower East Wing change rooms. These washrooms will be cleaned & disinfected regularly.
- Coaches have modified the training sessions to ensure there is safe distance between players at ALL TIMES. It is necessary to adhere to all directions provided.
- If you are sick or feel unwell, do not attend a session, contact your coach immediately. Before returning to play you will be required get a Covid-19 test and be cleared by Ottawa Public Health before being able to return. Ottawa Public Health is primarily responsible for contact tracing however the RA will notify players to ensure that the notification is made as quickly as possible in the case of a possible exposure.
- Removal From An Activity: Any player who is exhibiting or feeling any recognized symptoms of COVID-19 must withdraw from the training session immediately. In addition, if a Coach considers that a participant may be exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, the Coach may require that the person considered to exhibit these symptoms cease to participate in the activity and remove themself from the training session.
Thank you to everyone for doing your part to keep us all safe. Have fun!