WELCOME TO THE RA
At this time, the RA is open to our community for scheduled events or pre-registered activities only.
In order to provide you with safe and attentive service as we gradually re-open, we have put many measures in place to help us ensure your health and that of our employees. We have fully complied with the public heath guidelines provided by the federal and provincial governments.
Our team remains at your service during these exceptional circumstances and we would like to sincerely thank you for the support that you have shown us.
Your understanding and cooperation make a difference, and we are very grateful.
LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
The RA Centre is located in Ottawa, Ontario, along the picturesque banks of the Rideau River, on Riverside Drive between Bank Street and Bronson Avenue. The RA is easily accessible from downtown Ottawa and other parts of the city by bicycle, public transit or car. Parking is available on site.
The RA will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
Members and guests may park free of charge while using RA facilities and services.
- WEST LOT (entrance off Riverside Drive closest to Bronson Ave Bridge)
Smith, Petrie, Carr & Scott Town Halls, Clark Hall, Gymnasium, House of Sport, 360 Concussion Care
The main entrance to the building is tucked behind the temporary white structure in the West parking lot immediately in front of the West Wing of the RA Centre.
- EAST LOT (entrance off Data Centre Road - closest to Billings Bridge Plaza)
Courtside Rooms A & B, Outaouais Room, RA Physio & Massage Therapy Clinic
The main entrance to the building is at the front of the East Wing (facing Riverside) up the stairs.
Ray Kinsella Arena – Dedicated entrance on side of building (facing Data Centre Road).
The RA is proud to be completely SMOKE FREE
The Smoke Free Ontario Act is here. Smoking or vaping tobacco or cannabis is prohibited anywhere inside the RA buildings and on the entire property (including all outdoor spaces such as parking lots and playing fields). Those who choose to partake in smoking or vaping must do so at a location off RA properties.
The RA strives to make all its programs and services available to all persons with disabilities.. Click here to read the RA's Accessibility Policy on-line.
- ParaTranspo pick up and drop off is located at the Central doors.
GENERAL PROTOCOLS – RE: COVID-19
- Anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) MUST stay home.
- Anyone who begins exhibiting or feeling signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) must cease their activity and remove themselves from the RA/House of Sport.
- Anyone who receives a COVID-19 diagnosis, and has been on-site at the RA/House of Sport within the previous 14 days must notify the RA.
While on site at the RA you are responsible to:
- Wear a non-medical mask (ie. cloth mask) as per the City of Ottawa Ottawa temporary by-law making masks mandatory in indoor public spaces Masks must be worn by all members and guests on their arrival at the RA and throughout the RA complex, including washrooms, hallways and stairs.
- Adhere to Ottawa Public Health’s (OPH) guidelines of six (6) feet physical distancing between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Sanitizing your hands is mandatory at the entrance and exit of the facility. Disinfecting stations have been installed throughout the facility and we encourage you to hand sanitize frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand.
For your comfort and safety
- The RA has increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols and removed excess touchpoints in common areas.
- The RA has provided hand sanitizer at all building entrances, outside washrooms and in the meeting room
- The RA asks that you do not wander the building, you arrive no more than 20 minutes before your scheduled meeting/event time and that you leave at the conclusion of the meeting/event. CaféRA and the Fieldhouse are not open at this time and we have removed all our casual social gathering spaces in accordance with Provincial guidelines.
- Protective acrylic partitions have been installed at the reception desks.
RA Physiotherapy & Massage Clinic
Tel.: 613-523-8145 | www.racentrephysio.ca
360 Concussion Care
Tel.: 613-668-0360 | www.360concussioncare.com