Experience the RA!
The RA Centre is here for you, helping to keep you and your family safe, healthy and connected. Join a program, take a class or try something new. Book your activity today and discover Ottawa’s best choice for recreation, sports and fitness. Everyone is welcome.
In order to provide you with safe and attentive service as we gradually re-open, we have put many measures in place to help us ensure your health and that of our employees. We have fully complied with the public heath guidelines provided by the federal and provincial governments.
Our team remains at your service during these exceptional circumstances and we would like to sincerely thank you for the support that you have shown us.
Some of these measures could slow down service or cause waiting times. We will try to minimize their impact on your experience. Your understanding and cooperation make a difference, and we are very grateful. Accompanied by our staff, we’re moving forward, motivated by the same passion to serve, to be bold, and to innovate.
Happy and Safe Return-to-Play!
For your comfort and safety –
- At this time, the RA is open to our community through appointment only.
- Cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been greatly increased.
- Face coverings are mandatory. Masks must be worn by all members on their arrival at the RA and throughout the RA complex, including washrooms, hallways and stairs.
MASKS AND FACE COVERING – RA POLICY AMENDMENT (07-21)
As a private, independent organization who is supporting public health measures, we are adopting the following masking policy effective immediately.
RA Members, guests and staff are required to properly wear a recommended, well-fitting mask or face covering at all times indoors while at the RA except while actively participating in high intensity sport and fitness activity. Mask and face covering are required outdoors when and where designated by public health regulations.
The safety of our entire community is at the forefront of this decision. The continuing improvements have allowed Ontario to move to Step 3. Vaccination rates continue to rise and community case numbers continue to drop. We feel more comfortable easing our universal masking policy that had been stricter than the mandated level to now allow masks off while actively participating in high intensity sport and fitness activity. At this time, the RA is bustling with summer day camp activity. We are home to the youngest members of our RA family, our day campers, who remain at risk as the majority are not eligible for vaccination and many are too young to be required to wear a mask or face covering. Your understanding, patience and compassion in helping to protect them and others is truly appreciated.
This policy amendment supersedes specific Club/Activity Return-to-Play protocols and is in place until further notice. We will reassess as the exceptional circumstances of this pandemic evolve.
- All members are asked to check-in where they will self-assess their health for that day – each and every time. Anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) – we thank you for staying home.
- All members are asked to comply with the Return-to-Play protocol for their specific activity. While these new measures may be viewed as onerous and restrictive they are necessary to ensure the safety and health of everyone.
- All members are asked to comply with the 2-metre social distancing guideline at all times while moving around the facility and in activity areas. In certain places, posters and signage on the floor have been installed to direct traffic and remind everyone of social distancing guidelines and the sanitary measure taken.
- Sanitizing your hands is mandatory at the entrance and exit of the facility. Disinfecting stations have been installed throughout the facility and we encourage you to hand sanitize frequently.
- As much as we all miss each other, we kindly ask that you do not wander the building, you arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled time and that you leave immediately after you are finished your activity. CaféRA and the Fieldhouse are not open at this time and we have removed all our casual social gathering spaces in accordance with Provincial guidelines.
- We ask you to please use the elevator one person or one family at a time in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Protective acrylic partitions have been installed at member service areas.
- Credit and debit cards are the preferred payment method.
- We have reduced our hours of operations.
- Please remember to leave your valuables at home as change room lockers and wallet lockers are not available at this time.
- If you are hesitant to return for whatever reason, we would encourage you to reach out to one of our staff members to have that conversation. We would certainly love the opportunity to share with you the details of the work we are and will continue to do to help keep you safe.
Further phases will include opening of more spaces for participants and possibly increasing hours. The timing and content of these phases is dependent upon the success of this initial phase (Phase 1), and any changes in direction from Ottawa Public Health or the Ontario Government. We work closely with civic and provincial authorities and receive guidance for how and when we are safely permitted to open and/or expand services.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back soon!