Experience the RA – Safety protocols are in place.
The RA Centre is here for you, helping to keep you and your family safe, healthy and connected. Join a program, take a class or try something new. Book your activity today and discover Ottawa’s best choice for recreation, sports and fitness. Everyone is welcome.
In order to provide you with safe and attentive service as we gradually re-open, we have put many measures in place to help us ensure your health and that of our employees. We have fully complied with the public heath guidelines provided by the federal and provincial governments.
Our team remains at your service during these exceptional circumstances and we would like to sincerely thank you for the support that you have shown us.
Some of these measures could slow down service or cause waiting times. We will try to minimize their impact on your experience. Your understanding and cooperation make a difference, and we are very grateful. Accompanied by our staff, we’re moving forward, motivated by the same passion to serve, to be bold, and to innovate.
Happy and Safe Return-to-Play!
For your comfort and safety –
- At this time, RA activities and programs are open to our community through appointment only.
- Cleaning and sanitizing protocols have been greatly increased.
- RA Members, guests and staff are required to properly wear a recommended, well-fitting mask or face covering* at all times indoors while at the RA except while actively participating in an athletic or fitness activity. Mask and face covering are required outdoors when and where designated by public health regulations.
* Masks or face coverings must securely cover the mouth, nose, and chin, and filter respiratory droplets in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and help protect others.
- All members are asked to check-in where they will self-assess their health for that day – each and every time. Anyone showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) – we thank you for staying home.
- Anyone who begins exhibiting or feeling signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms) must cease their participation immediately and remove themself from the group. In addition, if an activity leader considers that a participant may be exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (or COVID-19 like symptoms), the activity leader may require that the person considered to exhibit these symptoms cease to participate in the activity and remove themself from the group.
- Anyone who receives a COVID-19 diagnosis, and has participated in activities, clubs and programs at the RA within the previous 14 days notify the RA. The RA can then notify the other participants in an anonymous capacity.
- All members are asked to comply with the Return-to-Play protocol for their specific activity. While these new measures may be viewed as onerous and restrictive they are necessary to ensure the safety and health of everyone.
- All members are asked to comply with the 2-metre social distancing guideline at all times while moving around the facility and in activity areas. In certain places, posters and signage on the floor have been installed to direct traffic and remind everyone of social distancing guidelines and the sanitary measure taken.
- Sanitizing your hands is mandatory at the entrance and exit of the facility. Disinfecting stations have been installed throughout the facility and we encourage you to hand sanitize frequently.
- As much as we all miss each other, we kindly ask that you do not wander the building, you arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled time and that you leave immediately after you are finished your activity. CaféRA and the Fieldhouse are not open at this time and we have removed all our casual social gathering spaces in accordance with Provincial guidelines.
- We ask you to please use the elevator one person or one family at a time in order to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Protective acrylic partitions have been installed at member service areas.
- Credit and debit cards are the preferred payment method.
- We have reduced our hours of operations.
- Please remember to leave your valuables at home as access to change room lockers and wallet lockers is limited at available at this time.
- If you are hesitant to return for whatever reason, we would encourage you to reach out to one of our staff members to have that conversation. We would certainly love the opportunity to share with you the details of the work we are and will continue to do to help keep you safe.
Further phases will include opening of more spaces for participants and possibly increasing hours. The timing and content of these phases is dependent upon the success of this phase and any changes in direction from Ottawa Public Health or the Ontario Government. We work closely with civic and provincial authorities and receive guidance for how and when we are safely permitted to open and/or expand services.
We look forward to welcoming everyone back soon!