Experience SHARING DANCE SENIORS at the RA
Dance is for everyone!
Experience Sharing Dance Seniors at the RA!
FREE OPEN HOUSE
Saturday, November 9, 2019
10:30am to 11:30am - RA Centre - West Gymnasium
Instructors from Canada’s National Ballet School will be on-site to teach a live class.
The class is open for anyone to try. No cost.
What is Sharing Dance Seniors?
- Sharing Dance Seniors is a specialized health and wellness dance program developed to provide an opportunity for older adults to access dance and enjoy its benefits.
- The 60-minute classes are creative and incorporate a variety of musical and dance styles
How are these classes delivered?
- An instructor from Canada’s National Ballet School teaches the classes via video streaming from the studio in Toronto.
- An on-site RA Fitness Instructor supports the program, as well as provides feedback that is incorporated into subsequent classes.
Who should take this class? This class is for you if:
- You want to exercise, socialize and have fun
- You enjoy moving to beautiful music!
For further information on the Sharing Dance Seniors program, please contact Erin Nelson, Senior Coordinator, RA LifeFIT at 613-736-6202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FALL 2019 Sessions
8 weeks – 1 hour/week
||1:30pm to 2:30pm
||October 21 to December 9, 2019
||1:30pm to 2:30pm
||October 25 to December13, 2019
First-time participant: $20/per session**
Returning participant: $75/per session
REGISTER in person at the East Wing desk or by phone at 613-736-6211.
|IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
||** Please note: A one-time program scholarship of $55 per participant has been provided through the Ontario Trillium Foundation to reduce participation barriers and support program evaluation. Participants wishing to take additional sessions will be required to pay the full program cost of $75 per subsequent session.
Developed in partnership with Baycrest and taught by instructors from Canada’s National Ballet School (NBS), Sharing Dance Seniors is a safe and accessible program designed to provide enjoyable dance classes for older adults that benefits physical, cognitive and overall health. Classes are designed to adapt to a wide range of physical and cognitive abilities.